Flip Your Strip Ogden Utah
The flip your strip program is an initiate through Utah Water Savers to reduce the amount of landscaping that requires constant watering. "Flip your strip" refers to converting the lawn on your park strip to a low maintenance landscaped strip. This reduces the lawn area of your property thus reducing the amount of water required to keep that section of lawn healthy. This simple change to your landscape could save approximately 5000 - 8000 gallons of water per year that would have otherwise watered your park strip. To create incentive to "flip your strip" you can also receive up to $1.25 per square foot as a rebate for replacing your park strip with a more efficient water saving landscape.
S&S Sprinklers and Vinyl Fencing is a full service sprinkler and lawn installation company serving Ogden, Utah and the surrounding area. We specialize in implementing the flip your strip program for Utah homeowners. We can remove your grass park strip and replace it with one of several low-maintenance designs and help you navigate the rebate process as well.
Flip Your Strip Design Options
Lawn Look A Like
Lush With Less
Year Round Simplicity
- Park strips must be currently landscaped with a living, well-maintained lawn. If the lawn has been killed or removed prior to a pre-conversion site visit, you are not eligible for this program.
- Applicant must be in good standing with a participating water provider. Unpaid water bills will disqualify applicants from the Flip Your Strip program.
- Applicants must be participating voluntarily. Projects required by governmental codes or policy are not eligible for this program.
- Projects should remove all lawn from the park strip and replace it with water-efficient landscaping.
- Projects that replace lawn with artificial turf are not eligible.
- Rebate checks will be made payable to the property owner.
- Perennial plants must cover at least 50% of the converted park strip at maturity. Trees will not be considered in density calculations.
- Plants may not exceed 24 inches in height at maturity. Taller plants block views, impede safety, and can interfere with city maintenance.
- Completed projects must be covered with 3-4 inches of gravel, bark, or compost mulch. Groundcover plants can qualify as mulch if 100% plant density is achieved at maturity.
- If landscape fabric is used (not recommended), it must be permeable to water and air.
- Concrete areas do not qualify for a square foot rebate, but pavers, bricks, stone, and other permeable materials are permitted.
- Completed park strips must be irrigated with low-volume drip systems. Drip systems must include filter and pressure regulators visible for inspection:
- Drip emitters must be rated at 5 gallons per hour or less.
- Bubblers, micro-spray emitters and soaker hoses are not allowed.
If you would you like to schedule an estimate to "flip your strip" please give us a call (801) 477-8444 or fill out our contact form and someone will be getting back to you shortly to schedule your appointment.